Missing Roy Beckett from Wangford found safe and well
- Credit: Archant � 2005
An 81-year-old man who went missing from his home in Wangford near Beccles has been found safe and well.
Roy Beckett had disappeared at around 2.30pm on Wednesday.
His family were seriously concerned due to the circumstances in which he left.
The police helicopter, Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue teams and officers on the ground searched for him last night, in the Wangford area.
Police said this afternoon that they had found Mr Beckett safe and well.
They thanked members of the public for their help with the appeal.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich