Woman in critical condition and man arrested after incident in Aldeburgh
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life and a man has been arrested by Suffolk police after an incident in Aldeburgh today.
Suffolk police were called to the property in St Paul’s Close at around 8.45am by the East of England Ambulance Service after reports a woman had collapsed.
The woman, in her 40s, was rushed to Ipswich Hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance and she remains there in critical condition.
A police spokesman said: “Officers arrested a 55-year-old man on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
“The man was subsequently taken to Martlesham Police Headquarters for questioning, where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
“A police cordon remains in place in St Pauls Close, Aldeburgh, while investigations continue.”
The East Anglian Air Ambulance also confirmed it landed on the beach, close to the road between Aldeburgh and Thorpeness, not far from the Wentworth Hotel.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance confirmed they were called to a medical emergency in Aldeburgh this morning.