Woman in critical condition and man arrested after incident in Aldeburgh
- Credit: Archant
A woman is fighting for her life and a man has been arrested by Suffolk police after an incident in Aldeburgh today.
Suffolk police were called to the property in St Paul’s Close at around 8.45am by the East of England Ambulance Service after reports a woman had collapsed.
The woman, in her 40s, was rushed to Ipswich Hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance and she remains there in critical condition.
A police spokesman said: “Officers arrested a 55-year-old man on suspicion of actual bodily harm.
“The man was subsequently taken to Martlesham Police Headquarters for questioning, where he remains.
“A police cordon remains in place in St Pauls Close, Aldeburgh, while investigations continue.”
The East Anglian Air Ambulance also confirmed it landed on the beach, close to the road between Aldeburgh and Thorpeness, not far from the Wentworth Hotel.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 4 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 5 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 6 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 7 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 8 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 9 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 10 Haverhill man taken to hospital after being assaulted by burglars
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance confirmed they were called to a medical emergency in Aldeburgh this morning.