Four people arrested in connection to two stabbings on same person in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested four people in connection to two stabbings in Ipswich today involving the same person.
Police were called to Oaks Caravan Park in Kirton Road, Bucklesham, just before 5am today, (Saturday, August 11) to reports a 30-year-old man had been stabbed in the arm an hour earlier at 4am.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment to his injury but left shortly afterwards.
Officers were then called at 12.25pm today to a second stabbing in Grebe Close in Ipswich.
The same 30-year-old man had suffered stab wounds to his bottom and back.
He was rushed back to hospital where his condition is currently described as stable but serious.
A police spokesman said: “Officers believe that the people involved are known to each other, was targeted and as such there is no wider threat to the community.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 8 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
“Enquiries are on-going and the public can expect to see reassurance patrols conducted in both locations during the rest of today.”
Police have cordoned off an area of Hawthorn Drive which is believed to be linked to the stabbings.
Two police cars remain at the scene of the cordon, which has been set up between St Marks Catholic Church and St Francis Church.
Police are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard anything this morning in the vicinity of Oaks Caravan Park or today in the vicinity of Grebe Close.
Police are also interested in anyone who may have been driving through those locations who has dash cam footage.
Anyone with information to either incident is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/45529/18 for the first incident and 37/45582/18 for the second incident.
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org