Police investigate after vandals attack school
IPSWICH: A police investigation is under way after mindless vandals targeted a special school.
Security lights were pulled from the walls at Beacon Hill School, in Ipswich, which has been targeted by vandals for the second time in a matter of months.
Vandals entered the school grounds over the course of the weekend and damaged was caused throughout the site in Stone Lodge Lane West.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police told the Evening Star that vandals are believed to have entered the school grounds between 9.30pm on Friday and 6am yesterday.
It is thought that the suspects climbed onto the school roof and pulled air vents off the top of the school building.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman later said: “The air vents were then thrown off the roof of the building on to a nearby green house, causing three panes of glass to smash.
“Security lights were also pulled from the surrounding walls, causing further damage.”
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
In March, the Evening Star revealed that staff were sickened to find that two sheds had been broken into and play equipment and bikes were scattered across the grounds.
Since September last year, other incidents have seen a bin containing skipping ropes set alight, windows smashed and sports equipment thrown on to the playing field.
Staff at Beacon Hill School refused to comment on the recent spate of vandalism.
Anyone with information about the vandalism is asked to contact the Crime Investigation Unit on 01473 613500.
n Are you angered by the vandalism at the school? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail evening firstname.lastname@example.org