Police investigate arson attack which damaged car and home in Clopton
Suffolk police officers are investigating an arson attack which damaged a car and home in Clopton.
The incident happened around 8.35pm on Wednesday, September 27, when a car parked on a drive in Otley Road was deliberately set alight.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the flames on the car then spread to an adjacent shed containing wood.
The force spokesman added: “This in turn resulted in fascia and guttering on the house itself being burnt, before the fire service attended and extinguished the blaze.”
Officers are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or may have any information which can help police in their investigation to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are particularly keen to speak to a member of the public who stopped to alert the victims about the fire.
Anyone with information should call officers on 101.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week