Man punched and robbed of cash in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was punched and robbed of cash as he walked along an alleyway in Clacton.
The victim was walking on Back Electric Parade, behind shops in Pier Avenue and Jackson Road, shortly after 10am on Tuesday May 7, when he was assaulted and robbed.
A police spokesman said: "He was holding two mobile phones and an envelope containing a three figure sum of cash, when someone tried to grab the phones.
"He was then hit in the face.
"The suspects took the money and left the phones."
You may also want to watch:
He added that the victim suffered minor injuries as a result of the assault.
Police would like to speak to witnesses or anyone who saw two men acting suspiciously in the area at the time.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
They are also keen to trace a man who was in the alleyway shortly before the incident who may have seen what happened. He was wearing a green hooded jumper.
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Steven Baldwin in Clacton CID on 101 quoting reference 42/71138/19.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org