Police investigate assaults
Three people have been assaulted in separate incidents in west Suffolk market towns.
POLICE are investigating three separate assaults which have taken place in west Suffolk market towns.
Four teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of assault after a 17-year-old boy suffered facial injuries in West Road, Bury St Edmunds, on the evening of June 22.
A 17-year-old and a 16-year-old from Bury St Edmunds have been bailed to return to Bury Police Station on July 22, and two other 17-year-olds from the town have been bailed to return to the police station on July 23.
On Saturday at about 9.20pm a man in his late 20s was assaulted in St Olaves Road, Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information following the crime, which happened on a playing field.
The victim was verbally abused by a group of males before one of them assaulted him, leading to minor head injuries.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
The person who carried out the assault is described as about 16 years old, 5ft 6in tall with blond hair and was wearing a white top and grey jogging bottoms.
Anyone with information regarding these offences should call Bury St Edmunds Police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Police are also appealing for information after a man in his mid 20s was assaulted in a car park in Girling Street, Sudbury, at about 1.45am on Saturday.
A group of males were verbally abusive to the victim before one of them assaulted him, leaving him with serious facial injuries including a broken nose.
Anyone with information on this crime should call West Suffolk CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers.