Police investigate male rape claim
POLICE are investigating after a man reported being raped on a Felixstowe footpath. The victim, believed to be in the late 30s, was walking on a footpath near the Ordinance roundabout when the attack happened.
POLICE are investigating after a man reported being raped on a Felixstowe footpath.
The victim, believed to be in the late 30s, was walking on a footpath near the Ordinance roundabout when the attack happened.
Anna Woolnough, Suffolk police spokeswoman, said: “Police are currently investigating a complaint of rape made by a man aged in his late 30s.
“The man had been at the Band Box nightclub when he left in the early hours of the morning and walked towards the Ordinance roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
“Another male, who was waiting in Pram Lane, raped him. The victim then returned to Band Box where he met with friends.
“He later contacted police and reported the incident.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
Mrs Woolnough said Scenes of Crime Officers (SOCO) had cordoned off an area of Garrison Lane while they gather evidence.