Police investigate 'unexplained death' after grim find
THE body of a 50-year-old man has been found at a home near Sudbury.
THE body of a 50-year-old man has been found in a flat near Sudbury.
Emergency services were called to a property in High Street, Cavendish, at 1.10pm today.
On arrival they discovered the body of a man who is believed to have been dead for several days.
The grim discovery was made by the landlord of one of the flats who had entered the property following reports of an alarm sounding and concern for the safety of a tenant.
Police have cordoned off the area around the flat and are currently treating the death as “unexplained”.
A spokeswoman said: “This incident is in its early stages and the death is being treated as unexplained at this time. A post mortem will be conducted in due course, and inquiries are being carried out to establish what has happened.”
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 6 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 7 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 8 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 9 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 10 Plans for 115 homes in village gets backing to move forward
Anyone with information is urged to call Bury CID on 01473 613500.