Police investigate 'unexplained death' after grim find
THE body of a 50-year-old man has been found at a home near Sudbury.
THE body of a 50-year-old man has been found in a flat near Sudbury.
Emergency services were called to a property in High Street, Cavendish, at 1.10pm today.
On arrival they discovered the body of a man who is believed to have been dead for several days.
The grim discovery was made by the landlord of one of the flats who had entered the property following reports of an alarm sounding and concern for the safety of a tenant.
You may also want to watch:
Police have cordoned off the area around the flat and are currently treating the death as “unexplained”.
A spokeswoman said: “This incident is in its early stages and the death is being treated as unexplained at this time. A post mortem will be conducted in due course, and inquiries are being carried out to establish what has happened.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
Anyone with information is urged to call Bury CID on 01473 613500.