Police investigating after man assaulted in Colchester
Essex Police are investigating an unprovoked attack in Colchester town centre which left a man with a broken jaw.
The assault took place in the High Street between 9.15pm and 9.30pm on Friday.
A 21-year-old man was walking between McDonald’s and St Nicholas Passage when he was approached by two men.
The pair followed him before one punched him in the face, breaking his jaw.
The 21-year-old was then helped by a taxi driver who saw him lying on the floor.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer DC Danielle Markoutsis, said: “This was an unprovoked attack where a man suffered serious injuries and has had to have a metal plate inserted into his jaw.
“We are making enquiries but would appeal for anyone with any information to come forward.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 7 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
“We would especially like to speak to the taxi driver who helped the victim following the assault.”
Anyone with information should contact Colchester CID on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.