Spate of 9 fires investigated
- Credit: Archant
A call has gone out for CCTV footage after nine fires were reported in the Sheepen Road area of Colchester over a 10-day period.
There have been a string of field fires and fires involving sheds, fences and bins in the area in the days leading up to June 6.
Inspector Jon Evans, from the Colchester Community Policing Team, said: “At this stage we do not know if the fires were started deliberately and we wish to find our more about them.
“We have extra patrols being carried out in the area and are following up on enquiries as well as looking at CCTV.
“We need your help with this as well and I would urge anyone who has seen anything suspicious over the last 10 days, have any CCTV, doorbell camera footage, or dash cam footage to come forward.”
The latest fire happened on Saturday, June 6 when an outbuilding was reported to be 100% alight and the flames had spread to fences and bushes.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Suffolk seaside resort named among the poshest villages in the UK