Spate of 9 fires investigated
- Credit: Archant
A call has gone out for CCTV footage after nine fires were reported in the Sheepen Road area of Colchester over a 10-day period.
There have been a string of field fires and fires involving sheds, fences and bins in the area in the days leading up to June 6.
Inspector Jon Evans, from the Colchester Community Policing Team, said: “At this stage we do not know if the fires were started deliberately and we wish to find our more about them.
“We have extra patrols being carried out in the area and are following up on enquiries as well as looking at CCTV.
“We need your help with this as well and I would urge anyone who has seen anything suspicious over the last 10 days, have any CCTV, doorbell camera footage, or dash cam footage to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
The latest fire happened on Saturday, June 6 when an outbuilding was reported to be 100% alight and the flames had spread to fences and bushes.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners