Police investigating Lowestoft assault
POLICE are investigating after a woman reported being assaulted by a man, who pushed her to the ground and tried to remove her clothing.The incident happened at around 5.10am this morning near to a wooded area along the A12 London Road, in Pakefield, near Lowestoft.
POLICE are investigating after a woman reported being assaulted by a man, who pushed her to the ground and tried to remove her clothing.
The incident happened at around 5.10am this morning near to a wooded area along the A12 London Road, in Pakefield, near Lowestoft.
Lowestoft police said details were limited at this stage but the woman has stated that the man approached her from behind and assaulted her.
It is thought he was disturbed by a milk float driving past and he ran off down a nearby cul-de-sac.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was not injured but has been left shaken, police said.
An area along London Road has been cordoned off as a precautionary measure while police carry out enquiries.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
They want to hear from anyone who was in the area around the time of the incident. Anyone with any information should call Lowestoft police on 01986 835100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.