Police investigating stabbing near Waterson Vale and Loftin Way in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a teenager was stabbed in Chelmsford on Wednesday.
Officers were alerted at around 5.45pm on January 7 after reports of an incident in an alleyway between Waterson Vale and Loftin Way.
A 17-year-old from Braintree had received puncture wounds to his leg and lower back, and taken to Broomfield Hospital where he was later released after treatment.
Forensic investigations at the alleyway continue today while police are appealing for witnesses.
A 17-year-old boy from Chelmsford was arrested in the early hours of this morning on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. He remains in police custody this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact PC Dan Smith at Chelmsford CID on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'