Police issue advice to football fans ahead of FA Cup tie between Ipswich and Southampton
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Police have issued advice to eager football fans ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup tie between Ipswich and Southampton, which is expected to be sold out.
Officers are advising people to allow extra time for their journey with congestion expected on roads and trains.
Detective Superintendent Steve Mattin said: “We are expecting a significant influx of people in and around Ipswich on Wednesday evening so we’re urging people to head to the ground earlier than normal to avoid any parking issues and to ensure they get inside the ground in time for kick off.
“Supporters are also asked to take into account the possibility of extra time and penalties when planning their train journey homes, as there will be no late train services available.”
The last train from Ipswich to Lowestoft leaves at 10.17pm, at 10.19pm to Bury St Edmunds, and 10.28pm to Felixstowe.
Kick off is at 7.55pm tomorrow.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch