Police issue description of suspect in festival rape
Police investigating the rape of a young woman at the Latitude Festival have issued a new description of one of the suspects.
Following an interview with the 19-year-old victim this afternoon, police have released details of a person they would like to trace in connection with the incident at the festival site at Henham Park near Southwold last night.
One of the suspects is thought to be white with dark curly hair, around 5ft 7ins and of medium build. He is possibly in his 20s with a Cockney accent and has been described as “looking like a student”.
The teenager, who is from Norwich, left her tent in the red area of the campsite at around 10pm to find the toilet, but lost her bearings.
She saw a group of young men and approached them, thinking one, described as of muscular build with a shaved head, was someone she knew.
You may also want to watch:
As she got closer, she realised it was not him, but asked the group for directions.
They said they would show her the way and walked for some distance before some of them, including the man with a shaved head, left in another direction.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
The rest of the men continued to walk with the young woman but they left the path and went into a darker area with lots of trees.
The woman was then grabbed, held close to a tree and raped by at least one of the men, before the group ran off.
The teenager reported the incident to security staff at the venue who alerted police officers on site.
Officers have launched an appeal to find the group, and have also asked anyone who was approached by a woman asking for directions around this time last night to get in touch.
At the time, the young woman was wearing denim jeggings, a yellow and white checked shirt, a black cardigan and Wellington boots.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.