Police issue renewed witness appeal for missing Essex 82-year-old Gordon Wilson
- Credit: Archant
Police are still trying to trace two motorcyclists who went to the aid of a man believed to be missing 82-year-old grandfather Gordon Wilson.
It has been a month since Mr Wilson, who suffers from vascular dementia, went missing from his home in Leaden Roding on Sunday, October 25.
He was believed to have been seen in Halstead Road, Sible Hedingham sometime between 2pm and 4pm on the same day when two motorcyclists and a pedestrian stopped to help a man who had fallen over.
The man refused their help and continued walking in the direction of the village.
The bikers, both men, wore grey crash helmets, dark leathers and rode dark grey or silver sports bikes.
Chief Inspector Richard Melton said: “It is possible they were attending a motocross event in the village that day, however despite extensive enquiries, we have still been unable to trace them.
“We are keen to speak to them as they may have information that can help assist our search for Mr Wilson.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
“It is now a month since he went missing and as time goes on, we are clearly growing more concerned for him.
“We are continuing our searches in the Sible Hedingham area, where he was last seen, and I would ask residents to remain vigilant and contact us with any information.”
Mr Wilson, who has a Scottish accent, is described as 5ft 11in tall and of medium build with grey thinning hair. He wears glasses and was last seen wearing a sports jacket which is either checked or navy. He usually wears a shirt, tie and jumper.
Mr Wilson is believed to have left home with a small amount of cash and some of his medication. He is known to enjoy long walks and had his bus pass with him.
Anyone who sees him is asked to call 101 urgently.