Police issue Show traffic warning
WITH the Suffolk Show now less than 24 hours away police have reminded motorists to expect congestion on the roads in and around Ipswich.
While in recent years there have been relatively few traffic problems, Inspector Des Pooley of Suffolk’s Road Policing Unit is asking drivers to take some simple measures to ensure all goes smoothly.
“Police officers will be on the main routes to try to ensure traffic keeps moving but we know the A14 and A12 near the Seven Hills interchange can be particularly busy and we would ask all non-show traffic to avoid the area, and find an alternative route if at all possible,” he said.
“The aim is to get all those visiting the show into the ground as safely and quickly as possible however we have to bear in mind there may be other factors, such as collisions, which may mean hold-ups.
“We would urge all visitors to follow the signs and to keep to the routes directed, even if it means using two lanes where they might only usually use one.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition to this we would ask that drivers also comply with any requests from police or show stewards, that you leave additional time for your journey and, if traveling at rush hour, you be prepared for a few delays.”
As usual drivers approaching along the A12 from Woodbridge will be directed to use the Bucklesham village route, while those approaching from the west along the A14 are asked to come off at the Seven Hills roundabout, use both lanes on the slip road off the A14 and then utilise two lanes around the roundabout itself towards the showground.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
Traffic from Ipswich should make use of arrangements along Bucklesham Road to access Gate 4, while those approaching from Felixstowe should follow signing off the A14 prior to the Seven Hills junction.
Drivers are being asked to follow these routes in reverse when leaving the showground, with two lanes of traffic flowing from Gate 10 back to the Seven Hills interchange.
Police are also urging visitors to be security conscious, remembering to lock vehicles and remove any valuables.