Police make urgent reappeal to help find man after serious assault in Dunmow, Essex
- Credit: Archant
Police have made an urgent reappeal for information to help find a man in connection with an assault in Essex which left a woman needing reconstructive surgery.
Officers want to speak with John Paul Berry, 28, about the serious assault, which happened in the Dunmow area on July 24.
Following the incident, the victim, who is in her 20s, was treated in hospital for a number of serious injuries and also underwent reconstructive facial surgery.
Mr Berry is described as being between 5ft 6in to 5ft 9in tall, of slim to medium build with brown hair, a brown beard and moustache.
He has a number of tattoos on his arms and chest and also goes by the name of Jonny.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Kelly Thurston, from Essex Police, said: “We would appeal for anyone with information about Mr Berry’s whereabouts to make contact with police immediately.
“We would like to speak to him about a very serious assault and need to locate him as a matter of urgency.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“Mr Berry has connections to various counties around the UK, and connections to Ireland.”
Members of the public are being asked not to approach Mr Berry if they see him, but to call 999.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Dc Andrew Bagley on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.