Police name crash victim
POLICE have this afternoon named a motorcyclist who was killed in an accident in Great Clacton.
Peter Hammond, 60, from the Clacton area died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, east London.
The accident happened yesterday at around 11.55am at the junction of Holland Road and Thorpe Road.
Mr Hammond’s motorcycle and a car collided causing him to sustain fatal injuries.
A spokesman for Essex police said officers are continuing to appeal for information and witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened should contact Pc Sam Girdlestone at Stanway Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day