Police name crash victim
A MAN who died when his car hit a tree on a country road in Essex has been named by police.Darren Thompson, 34, of Rigby Avenue, Mistley, died at the scene of the crash in Harwich Road, Wrabness.
By Annie Davidson
A MAN who died when his car hit a tree on a country road in Essex has been named by police.
Darren Thompson, 34, of Rigby Avenue, Mistley, died at the scene of the crash in Harwich Road, Wrabness.
The accident happened at 10.15pm on Saturday as he drove towards Mistley with a 14-year-old boy passenger.
You may also want to watch:
It appeared Mr Thompson had lost control of his green Vauxhall Vectra which then hit a tree. No other vehicles were involved.
Four ambulances, from Weeley, Harwich, Greenstead and Colchester, were sent to the scene and the teenage passenger was taken to Colchester General Hospital.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
He had suffered serious leg injuries.
Yesterday he remained in hospital where his condition was described as "stable".
Police closed the section of the B1352 where the accident happened for four hours while accident investigations were carried out.
Last night, officers renewed their appeal for witnesses to contact Stanway Traffic Police on 01206 762512.
n Police have renewed an appeal for witnesses after a man was critically injured in a car crash.
The 49-year-old from Braintree suffered serious head injuries after his Ford Mondeo overturned on the A120 at Great Dunmow.
He was airlifted to Colchester General Hospital after the accident on Sunday at 3.30pm but was later transferred to Oldchurch Hospital in Romford where his condition was critical.
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Bocking Traffic Police in Braintree on 01376 330722.