Police name fire blaze tragedy victim
A 28-YEAR-old man who died in a fire at his Newmarket home earlier this week has today been named.
Ukrainian Vitaliy Bidula was alone at home when the fire broke out on the first floor of his house in Exeter Road at about 2.20pm on Tuesday.
It is understood Mr Bidula worked in Newmarket’s racing industry.
A post mortem carried out showed Mr Bidula died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The coroner has been informed and an inquest will open in due course.
A joint police and fire service investigation into the fire has been carried out and police are satisfied that there was no third party involvement. The findings will be passed to the coroner.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week