Police name men who died in Braintree head-on crash as David Bradley and James Simmons
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Two men who died in a car crash in Braintree last night have been named by police.
David Bradley, aged 30, of Beckers Green Road in Braintree, was driving a blue Ford Fiesta which was in a head-on collision with a blue Volkswagen Polo.
He was declared dead at the scene along with 18-year-old James Simmons of Hillside Gardens, Braintree, who was a rear seat passenger in the Polo.
The driver of the polo, a man in his 20s from Gosfield, was air lifted to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a critical condition.
The front seat passenger from the Fiesta, a woman in her 20s from Suffolk, was taken by land ambulance to Broomfield Hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The front seat passenger from the Polo, a 16-year-old girl from Braintree, was also taken to Broomfield Hospital by land ambulance with serious injuries.
The road was closed while initial investigations were carried out at the scene and the vehicles were recovered. It reopened at around 10pm.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to contact them, as well as anyone who saw the pre-incident driving of the cars, to contact officers at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?