Police name stab death victim
POLICE last night named a man who died of a stab wound at an Essex caravan park - as they continued to question a 21-year-old on suspicion of murder.Barry Lane, 28, of Skelmersdale Road, Clacton, was found dead at Highfield Holiday Park in the town's London Road after reports of a disturbance in a caravan.
By Annie Davidson
POLICE last night named a man who died of a stab wound at an Essex caravan park - as they continued to question a 21-year-old on suspicion of murder.
Barry Lane, 28, of Skelmersdale Road, Clacton, was found dead at Highfield Holiday Park in the town's London Road after reports of a disturbance in a caravan.
A murder enquiry was launched after police were called to the site at 4.30am on Sunday and found Mr Lane's body. A woman was also found suffering from serious head injuries and was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A 21-year-old Clacton man was later arrested on suspicion of murder and was last night still being quizzed by detectives.
A post mortem examination held yesterday revealed that Mr Lane died of a single stab wound to the chest.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
The woman, who is 26 and also from Clacton, remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.
A police spokeswoman said there had been reports of “some sort of dispute” in a caravan at the holiday park before Mr Lane's body was found.
London Road was closed off while police forensic experts carried out a detailed investigation. The road was reopened by Sunday lunchtime.
Anybody with any information about the incident is asked to contact Clacton CID on 01255 221312, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.