Police name teenage rail tragedy victim
A TEENAGER found dead on a railway line has been named by police.
A TEENAGER found dead on a railway line has today been named by police.
Nico Star Davies-Sober was discovered last Wednesday shortly before 8.15pm at Green Road in Newmarket.
An inquest into the teenager’s death was opened and adjourned this afternoon at the Coroner’s Office in Bury St Edmunds.
It is understood the 17-year-old, of New Cheveley Road in Newmarket, was in collision with the 6.16pm Ipswich to Cambridge train prior to his death.
You may also want to watch:
He was pronounced dead at the side of the track about 30 minutes after he was discovered.
A full inquest into the death is expected to be carried out a later date.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge