Police name woman, 70, killed in scooter crash
A 70-year-old woman who was seriously injured when the mobility scooter she was riding collided with a car, has died in hospital.
Police today officially named her as Joyce Jones, of Ascot Drive, Felixstowe.
She was left fighting for her life after being hit by a pale green Toyota Rav4 while crossing Walton High Street in Felixstowe at 1.15pm on Wednesday.
Several passers-by and a group of nurses from nearby Walton Surgery came to her aid until paramedics arrived on the scene.
She was taken to the critical care unit at Ipswich Hospital, however a Suffolk police spokeswoman said that she had “sadly died overnight”.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman later said that police expected formal identification to take place today.
Police are re-appealing for anyone who saw the crash to contact them on 01473 613500.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town