Police officer drives Stansted Airport coach to safety off M11
- Credit: Archant
A police officer came to the rescue of a coach travelling to Stansted Airport which was forced to stop on the M11 when the driver became ill.
Former bus driver Pc Dean Young, who still holds a full bus licence, used his initiative and got behind the wheel to drive the coach to a safe location off the motorway after being called to the incident.
The passengers were taken to Chigwell Roads Policing Unit. Pc Young then arranged for another coach driver to take them to the airport in time for their flights.
Pc Young, of the Southend Local Policing Team, said: “It’s great to be able to use my previous career’s skills to help in my career as a police officer. Thankfully everyone was moved safely and the driver was looked after by a passenger.
“This is one of the stranger things that have been asked of me as an officer but it’s all in a night’s work.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver was cared for a by a passenger. The incident took place on January 28.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune