Man charged with GBH after police officers allegedly sprayed with noxious liquid
- Credit: Archant
Police have charged a 49-year-old man with two counts of inflicting grievous bodily harm after two officers were allegedly assaulted at an address in Lowestoft.
Mark Bedwell, of Tonning street, Lowestoft, is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court this morning.
Police attended an address in Tonning Street at about 4.45am this morning.
A male occupant of the property was reported to have sprayed a noxious liquid at two police officers.
Both were taken to James Pagent Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
One sustained minor facial burns and is in stable condition, while the other sustained minor injuries, according to Suffolk Constabulary.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight