Family given fresh hope after sighting of missing Leon
- Credit: Archant
A family left distraught by the disappearance of their beloved son, Leon Clark, say they are reassured by fresh sightings of the 20-year-old.
Leon has not been since Monday when he left a friend’s house, however, his family are growing increasingly concerned for him after the discovery of a body in the burnt out remains of a portable building at Leiston Football Club.
• MORE: Body found at fire site in LeistonHis aunt Diana Fordham said the family contacted police on Thursday evening after hearing news of the body being found and admitted they had been extremely worried the two could be linked.
However, since we helped them appeal for information earlier today there have been possible sightings of Leon.
• MORE: Family appeal for missing Leon Clark to return homeDiana said: “There is a possible ray of hope. We have had a couple of possible sightings.
“It’s given his mum and dad their fight back.”
Police have been to visit the family and are taking their concerns seriously but are “keeping an open mind” until further information is available.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem is currently being help to discover more about the cause of death and the possible identity of the victim.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “A report was received yesterday evening, Thursday, February 7, regarding a missing person in Leiston.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
“Officers attended and enquiries are continuing today, Friday 8 February.
“Police are continuing to keep an open mind regarding the identity of the body which was discovered on land adjoining Leiston Football Club in Victory Road at 3.37pm on Wednesday, February 6.”