Police probe after soldier found dead
POLICE are investigating the death of a 25-year-old soldier whose body was found at a barracks.Sapper Philip Eden was found dead at Carver Barracks, Wimbish, Essex, headquarters of 33 Engineer Regiment on Sunday.
POLICE are investigating the death of a 25-year-old soldier whose body was found at a barracks.
Sapper Philip Eden was found dead at Carver Barracks, Wimbish, Essex, headquarters of 33 Engineer Regiment on Sunday.
An Army spokeswoman said Sapper Eden's death was not being treated as suspicious but police were investigating and a report would be prepared for the coroner.
Sources said it was thought the soldier had taken his own life.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said Sapper Eden was married with two children and lived locally.
Two soldiers from the unit, which is part of 16 Air Assault Brigade, were killed during the Iraq war.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
Earlier this week, six military policemen based at nearby Colchester and also member of 16 Air Assault Brigade, were shot dead in Iraq.