Police probe town centre death
A MAJOR police investigation is under way after the discovery of a man's body in Ipswich town centre.Officers were called to The Walk at around 8pm on Friday night where they found a 36-year-old man suffering serious head injuries.
A MAJOR police investigation is under way after the discovery of a man's body in Ipswich town centre.
Officers were called to The Walk at around 8pm on Friday night where they found a 36-year-old man suffering serious head injuries. He died later at Ipswich Hospital.
A 47-year-old man was later arrested by police and was being questioned.
Officers sealed off The Walk for forensic examinations, and a spokeswoman said the death was being treated as unexplained.
Anyone who was in The Walk area between 7pm and 8.45pm should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 7 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village