Police probe town centre death
A MAJOR police investigation is under way after the discovery of a man's body in Ipswich town centre.Officers were called to The Walk at around 8pm on Friday night where they found a 36-year-old man suffering serious head injuries.
A MAJOR police investigation is under way after the discovery of a man's body in Ipswich town centre.
Officers were called to The Walk at around 8pm on Friday night where they found a 36-year-old man suffering serious head injuries. He died later at Ipswich Hospital.
A 47-year-old man was later arrested by police and was being questioned.
Officers sealed off The Walk for forensic examinations, and a spokeswoman said the death was being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in The Walk area between 7pm and 8.45pm should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening