Police raid cannabis factory
POLICE have seized more than 400 cannabis plants during a drugs raid after being tipped off by a concerned landlord. Officers found plants and growing equipment when they swooped on the property in The Street, Cavenham, near Bury St Edmunds.
POLICE have seized more than 400 cannabis plants during a drugs raid after being tipped off by a concerned landlord.
Officers found plants and growing equipment when they swooped on the property in The Street, Cavenham, near Bury St Edmunds.
Acting Chief Inspector Derek Wilding, Forest Heath's district police commander, last night said the investigation was still ongoing and urged members of the public to report anything they might suspect to be a cannabis factory in their community.
You may also want to watch:
“These premises are a danger not only because the drugs that are grown will then be sold on our streets, but also because the premises themselves can potentially be a hazard.
“It is often the case that the electricity supply has been tapped into by these criminals, with exposed wiring to bypass the meter. In this case the energy company has told us it was one of the most dangerous factories they have seen, and had the potential to set light to the property and neighbouring houses.”
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 6 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 10 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
Possible signs of a cannabis factory, the police say, include permanently covered windows, visits to a home at unusual times of day and night, a vent protruding through the roof or a rear window, pungent smells, cooling fan noise and large numbers of soil and pots in the back garden.
Anyone with any information about this or any other cannabis factory should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.