Police release CCTV images of man following theft and burglary offences in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images of a man police would like to speak to in connection with a number of theft and burglary offences in Lowestoft have been released.
On Sunday. September 24, around 11:20pm, a man in his 60s was walking along The Esplanade when he was approached by a man on bicycle.
The cyclist was reported to have bumped into the victim, who later discovered his wallet containing a quantity of cash was missing.
Police believe this is linked to a number of incidents of thefts and burglaries in the town on Sunday, October 8.
At some point between 2pm and 2:15pm, a man is reported to have followed an elderly man as he walked into a block of flats off Hollingsworth Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is said to have attempted to remove the victim’s wallet from his back pocket before continuing to follow him, trying to gain access to the victim’s home.
The suspect is then said to have gained access to two flats within the same building, where he was challenged by the residents. A small quantity of cash was stolen from one of the victims.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
Approximately 4:45pm, a man in his 80s was offered assistance in carrying shopping bags by an unknown man in the vicinity of Victoria Road.
The suspect entered the victim’s flat, searching the cupboards and drawers before leaving empty handed and cycling away from the premises.
A teenager on a bicycle was also approached by a man around 5.40pm, also riding a bicycle, along Bridge Road.
The suspect is reported to have cycled alongside the victim, before grabbing a wallet from the victim’s coat pocket and cycling away in the direction of Normanston Drive.
The suspect is described as white, approximately 5ft 7ins–5ft 10ins and is believed to be a foreign national who speaks very broken English.
Police are keen to speak to the man pictured in connection with these incidents.
Anyone with information about who the man is or about any of the incidents should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 62997/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org