Police release e-fit image of suspect after elderly woman is targeted in distraction burglary in Haverhill
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an e-fit image of a man they would like to speak to following a distraction burglary in Haverhill.
Officers were called to a house in Sorrell Walk after receiving reports an elderly woman has been targeted by thieves.
On Wednesday November 8, around early to mid afternoon, the victim received a call at the door from a man claiming there was a water leak.
He asked to come in so he could access the kitchen tap to allow dye to run through it.
While the victim spoke to the suspect, it is thought another suspect sneaked upstairs and stole a quantity of jewellery concealed in a Sainsbury’s shopping bag.
The suspect is described as white, aged in his late 40s, around 5ft 10ins tall and of medium build.
He wore a dark grey half-length jacket, dark trousers and a dark hat with a peak.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 5 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 6 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 7 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 8 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 9 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
He is also described as having dark stubble on his face, a distinctive scar from his right nostril to the middle of his lip and spoke with a northern accent.
If you recognise him or if you have any information which may help with inquiries, please contact West CID at Suffolk Police on 101 and quoting crime reference number 72255/17.