Police renew appeal after sexual assault in Ipswich on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal for information after a 45-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in Ipswich yesterday.
Officers were called around 2.35am to reports that a woman had been assaulted on waste ground between two church buildings in College Street.
The woman told officers she had been walking in the area when she felt a man pull the back of her hair, causing her to fall to the ground.
She then tried to fight the man off, but he sexually assaulted her before she kicked him and ran away.
Police are also examining CCTV in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as black, with a bald head and greying facial hair as though he had not shaved for several days.
He is thought to be aged in his 30s to 50s.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
Police are looking to identify the man, as well as the occupants of a vehicle that pulled up on the pavement of the one-way system heading towards the Novotel roundabout between 2.25am and 2.30am.
A man got out of the car and began to walk towards The Mill building.
Anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen anything, or anyone with other information should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting IC/15/3188.