Police search for witnesses after woman in her 70s is robbed in Haverhill
- Credit: Archant
The incident happened just after 12.20pm on January 31 in Mill Road near Shearman Close.
Suffolk Constabulary is looking for witnesses after a woman in her 70s was robbed in Haverhill.
The woman was walking along the road when she was aproached by a man who pushed her sideways before grabbing her handbag and running away.
A member of the public who was driving past as the incident took place stopped his car and began to reverse.
The suspect then threw the bag into an alleyway before running off down Mill Road and turning into the area of a disused warehouse and a footpath that runs parallel to Mill Road.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was left shaken but otherwise unharmed.
The suspect is described as white, over 40 and between 5ft 9 and 6ft tall.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
He is of a heavy build and had a stubble beard.
He was wearing a green parka style jacket with the hood up and a light-coloured fur trim around the hood.
Those with any information about the incident should contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference 5883/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.