Police seek relatives of beach death woman
A woman‘s body has been washed up on a beach.
POLICE investigating the unexplained death of a woman whose body was washed up on a Clacton beach have revealed she drowned.
A post mortem has been carried out on the body and the initial cause of death has been given as drowning, however, further tests will be undertaken.
The body was discovered on the beach close to Pier Avenue in Clacton, Essex, at 1.18pm yesterday.
Firefighters extricated the body from rocks and left the scene in the care of police scenes of crime officers.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is yet to be identified and police are calling on anyone with information to come forward.
She is described as white, aged 20 to 40, 5ft 5in in height and was wearing a gold watch.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
Did you see anything at the scene or do you have information about the woman? If so, call the newsdesk on 01473 324736 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org