Police still trying to ID burned body
CAMBRIDGESHIRE police have appealed for help to try and identify the woman whose badly burned body was found by a road yesterday.
MORE tests were being carried out today on the body of a woman whose badly burnt body was found by a Cambridgeshire road.
The grim discovery was made in a lay-by on the A1301 between the A505 junction and the M11 junction in Hinxton, near Duxford, at 3.30am on Wednesday.
An initial post mortem was carried out on the body at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge last night and more checks and tests were being carried out today.
Police are still unable to confirm a cause of death or the identity of the woman.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Dave Grierson said: “At this stage we still do not have any further information about this woman and where she is from. And we would like to appeal again to anyone who has information regarding the disappearance of a relative or friend.
“We now know that several vehicles used the lay-by on Tuesday evening and would like to speak to those drivers and any other people who used that stretch of road late Tuesday night or early Wednesday.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
“Anyone with information should contact the major investigations team on 0845 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.”