Police seek witnesses after suspected arson at flat building
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are being sought by police after a suspected arson incident in Essex this morning.
Firefighters were called to a flat in Market Street, Braintree, at 7.15am and crews were able to extinguish the blaze by 7.57am.
An investigation is underway into the cause of the fire, and police believe it was started deliberately.
The occupants of all four flats in the building were evacuated but no-one was reported to be hurt.
In a statement, Essex Police said: “We are appealing for witnesses to a flat fire in Market Street, Braintree, this morning, Sunday 26 July.
“It started in one flat but the occupants of all four flats in the building were evacuated for their safety.
“It’s believed the fire was started deliberately and we are making enquiries into the circumstances.”
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 9 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 10 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
The force is appealing for witnesses to the incident and urged anyone with information to contact Braintree CID on 101, quoting incident 297 of July 26, or visit www.essex.police.uk
Information can also be reported to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.