Repairs to burst water main in Acton Lane, Sudbury, expected to be completed by 6pm
Police are warning drivers to take care on the roads this morning after a water main burst in Sudbury overnight.
The burst main is on the junction between Acton Lane and the A134.
Residents in the area are thought to be experiencing low water pressure or no water at all.
A police spokesman said that signs were in place to warn drivers of the danger.
Anglia Water are already aware of the problem and hope to have the main fixed by around 6pm today. It was originally hoped the problem would be fixed by 11am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We’re really sorry but some customers in Sudbury may have very low water pressure or no water at all.
“We’re working to repair a burst water main in your area so that we can get your supply back to normal as soon as possible, but it is proving to be a complex job that is taking longer than we had originally hoped.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
“This should now be completed by 6pm today but we’ll update if anything changes.”