Poll: After the birth of the Royal baby boy, George and James have become the favourites for the prince’s name
- Credit: PA
Bookmakers have made George and James the favourites for the name of the new prince.
George was the favourite with William Hill (5/2) and Paddy Power (6/4), while Ladbrokes had James at 2/1.
Both of these names, with six kings called George and two called James, would fit the bill for a traditional, regal name.
“George was the second most popular name before we knew whether the baby would be a boy or girl, so now it moves into pole position and is the red hot favourite to be the name of the new Prince,” said William Hill spokesman Joe Crilly.
Henry, the given name of the Duke’s brother Prince Harry, is also in the running, along with Alexander and Louis.
You may also want to watch:
Ladbrokes has Henry at 5/1, the same as it is offering George, after what it said was an “unprecedented amount of bets” in the last 48 hours bringing it in from 50/1.
Spokeswoman Jessica Bridge said: “James is the red-hot favourite and the odds suggest we’ll get the name on Tuesday. We’re staring down the barrel of a gun if the baby’s named Henry.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn