Poll: Residents asked to sponsor a tree and watch fruits of their labours grow
- Credit: citizenside.com
PEOPLE are being urged to embrace the town’s trees to help raise their spirits.
Ipswich Borough Council has an on-going planting policy in the hopes of increasing the number of trees in the town.
The Forestry Commission recently claimed living next to trees makes people happier, and the borough council’s tree expert Andy Whalley echoed the new research.
He said: “Our town is blessed by beautiful parks and open spaces with some magnificent trees and we have an on-going planting policy to increase our tree cover.
“We also run a successful tree sponsorship scheme, so residents can get in touch and, who knows, it might lift their spirits next year and in the future when they see the fruits of their labours.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out about the tree sponsorship scheme you can contact Steve Leech on 01473 433534.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners