Poll: Romantic Alex Osborn from Copdock pops the question after London Eye flashmob ahead of Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
When Rebecca Kingham went to London for the day on Saturday, February 8, she got more than she bargained for.
On a visit to the London Dungeons and London Eye with her boyfriend Alex Osborn she became witness to an enormous flashmob as she was enjoying a coffee.
She was even more surprised when her boyfriend Alex, who she thought had simply popped to the bathroom, emerged in the middle of the dancers in a white tuxedo before getting down on one knee and asking her to marry him.
Alex, 26, a trainee tattoo artist also from Copdock first conceived of the idea of a flashmob on a small scale in a Costa coffee shop, where the couple met two years ago.
However as the idea grew into a plan the scale became somewhat bigger, until a troupe of 60 dancers gathered to perform a routine in front of the London Eye.
You may also want to watch:
During the routine, to the song ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You’, the dancers removed their jackets and jumpers to reveal identical red tops before Alex appeared in his suit, emerging from behind a cluster of umbrellas.
He described the proposal as “perfect”. “They predicted rain all day and the sun came out just in time,” he said.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
“I always liked flashmobs anyway and I didn’t want to do any ordinary thing. I thought I’d do a low key flashmob in a Costa because we met in Costa, and it kind of grew from there to 60 dancers in front of the London Eye.”
After she had said ‘Yes’, Rebecca turned around to find that the rest of her family and best friends had also come down to London to witness the special moment.
The couple plan to tie the knot next year.