Poll: Where will you be sledding this weekend?
- Credit: Archant
WITH all of this snow that is expected this evening, sledding is shaping up to be the activity of choice this weekend.
But where is the best spot for some family fun?
Amongst our favourite locations in Suffolk are Christchurch Park, Alexandra Park and Broomhill Park all in Ipswich, or the hill near the 17th green at Rushmere Heath.
In Essex, one of the top spots for some sledding action has to be Great Notley Country Park near Braintree - and afterwards you can treat yourself to a hot chocolate at the Discovery Centre.
Our top recommendation in Newmarket is Devils Dyke, while elsewhere in west Suffolk there is Out Risbygate, or the dip next to West Suffolk College, in Bury St Edmunds. Our sledding expert said: “It’s shaped like a crater.”
You may also want to watch:
Haughly picnic area just off the A14 is another prime sledding spot.
Tell us the place which is the pinnacle of sledding perfection. Do you know of any secret slopes in Suffolk and Essex?
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Please add a comment if we have missed your favourite hill.