Poll: Where will you be sledding this weekend?
- Credit: Archant
WITH all of this snow that is expected this evening, sledding is shaping up to be the activity of choice this weekend.
But where is the best spot for some family fun?
Amongst our favourite locations in Suffolk are Christchurch Park, Alexandra Park and Broomhill Park all in Ipswich, or the hill near the 17th green at Rushmere Heath.
In Essex, one of the top spots for some sledding action has to be Great Notley Country Park near Braintree - and afterwards you can treat yourself to a hot chocolate at the Discovery Centre.
Our top recommendation in Newmarket is Devils Dyke, while elsewhere in west Suffolk there is Out Risbygate, or the dip next to West Suffolk College, in Bury St Edmunds. Our sledding expert said: “It’s shaped like a crater.”
Haughly picnic area just off the A14 is another prime sledding spot.
Tell us the place which is the pinnacle of sledding perfection. Do you know of any secret slopes in Suffolk and Essex?
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
Please add a comment if we have missed your favourite hill.