Pop-up shop in Woodbridge offers pre-loved designer gear to raise money for mental health charity, Mind
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Bargain hunters can get their hands on some high fashion at low prices while helping to raise money for a good cause at a Suffolk clothing store.
A pop-up dress agency has appeared on Market Hill, in Woodbridge, where shopkeeper Hannah Stowe is hoping to raise a tidy sum from sales for mental health charity, Mind.
Mrs Stowe’s ladies footwear and accessories boutique closed for business at the end of last week, but was instantly replaced with the temporary fundraising venture.
The dress agency will be selling pre-loved designer clothing at 20A Market Hill until Saturday, March 5.
Mrs Stowe dreamt up the pop-up shop idea after having to pull out of this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon on April 24.
You may also want to watch:
“I got a place in the marathon to run for Mind,” she said. “But, three days later, I found out I was pregnant.
“A friend has taken my place but I still wanted to do something for the charity.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Among the items on sale at the shop are Chanel shoes, cashmere jumpers, and £40 designer jeans that would ordinarily cost £250.
“We’ve got lots of goodies,” said Mrs Stowe. “Having closed the shoe shop, we’re going to be clearing all this stock and giving all the profit to Mind.”
The pop-up dress agency is open Monday to Saturday from 10am-5pm.