Nursery struck by thieves snatching roof tiles
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A Suffolk nursery could be left with a hefty bill after thieves stole their roof tiles.
Poppy’s Children’s Nursery, on Fairfield Hill in Stowmarket, is currently missing a number of tiles from its porch roof after an unknown number of slate tiles were taken in the early hours of Monday, April 8.
It was only when a neighbour spotted the damage the nursery team realised they had been stolen from.
Deputy manager Sarah Freeman said: “It is horrible to think that someone was on our property.
“We don’t know the extent of the damage yet, we have someone due to come and tell us how much it will cost to repair.
You may also want to watch:
“If it rains, it’s going to do a lot more damage to our roof than it would otherwise.”
Suffolk police were contacted at 4.40pm on Tuesday, April 9, and are investigating the crime.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
Anyone who has information should call Suffolk Constabulary on 101 quoting the crime reference number 37/20088/19.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report information via their online form.