Popular Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake returns
- Credit: Archant
A popular family car event in aid of Bury St Edmunds-based hospice will return with a special guest this year.
Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake, which is in its ninth year, will take place at Hall Farm in Fornham St Martin on Sunday, September 2, with Rick Parfitt Jnr, son of late Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt, in attendance.
Mr Parfitt is the reigning British GT Champion and was the first driver to win both GT4 and GT3 titles.
The event, which raises money for St Nicholas Hospice Care, will see more than 650 vintage, pre-war, post-war, classic, modern and super cars on display as well as motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
Andrew Long, of Hall Farm, said: “We are so pleased Rick is planning to join us at this year’s show.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only will he be bringing along his impressive car, he will also be bringing with him his fascinating insight into the world of racing.
“We are so lucky and grateful for the incredible support Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake attracts year after year.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
Tickets for the show, which can be bought at the gate, cost £8 for adults and £5 for children.
Family tickets (two adults and two children) can also be purchased for £20. Visitors will be able to enjoy the show from 11am-4.30pm.