Big Night Out in Long Melford celebrates 50th anniversary with commemorative food and drink
- Credit: Archant
One of the largest bonfire and firework displays in East Anglia is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.
The Big Night Out in Long Melford is being held on Friday, November 9, in the grounds of Melford Hall, with all proceeds going directly to charity.
Event organiser Andrew Hagger has commissioned a ‘Big Night Stout’ from Nethergate Brewery in Long Melford to commemorate the milestone anniversary of the popular event.
The winter ale was launched to great acclaim at Wetherspoon’s Grove and Allen pub in Sudbury last week.
Jamie Towells, of Jamie’s Meat Inn in Sudbury, has also used the beer in the making of some commemorative sausages called ‘Big Night Out Bangers’ to be enjoyed on the barbecue on the night.
You may also want to watch:
A bonfire toffee ice cream will also be on sale on the night courtesy of Jane Hedley of Hedley’s at Lavenham.
Tickets for the event are £6 in advance and £8 on the gate.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Last year nearly £18,000 was distributed to local charities and organisers hope this generosity can be repeated this anniversary year.