Popular medieval festival returns to Colchester
- Credit: Archant
One of the biggest medieval fairs and markets in the country with a host of demonstrations, activities and entertainment will return to Colchester in June.
The Colchester Medieval Festival and Oyster Fayre Market takes place at Lower Castle Park on Saturday, June 2, and Sunday, June 3, from 10am to 5pm.
Thousands of people from all over the UK will converge on the town to celebrate all things medieval, as the time period is recreated in spectacular fashion.
Entertainment at the festival will include falconry, armed combat, archery, puppetry, storytelling, music and dance.
The event is family-friendly with a host of refreshment options at the food court and beer tent.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £8 for adults and £4 for under 14s and concessions. All cards accepted including contactless.
For more information on the festival, visit www.oysterfayre.magix.net
- 1 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 7 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move