Popular Women on Wheels event returns to Sudbury with early bird registration discounts available
- Credit: Archant
A popular women’s cycle event is returning to Sudbury following the success of last year’s ride.
Women on Wheels (WoW) Sudbury will take place on Sunday, September 16, with a choice of a 5, 20, or 50-mile route available through the countryside and cycle paths around the town.
The fully marshalled ride starts at AFC Sudbury with refreshment stops for tea and cake along the way.
The event is open to women and girls aged eight or over of all abilities.
A 50% early bird registration offer is currently available to the 20 and 50-mile routes – with entry slashed from £20 to £10. Entry to the 5-mile ride is £5.
You may also want to watch:
The ride will support St Nicholas Hospice Care again this year after raising more than £6,000 for the charity in 2017.
Tracey Loynds, chief executive of South Suffolk Leisure said: “We are delighted to be hosting the fourth WoW event in Sudbury especially after the success of last year’s event.
- 1 Bonne on Chantry life, Town tears and meeting his heroes
- 2 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 3 Bishop set to sign for Lincoln
- 4 Death of 'heart of gold' lorry driver on A14 was avoidable, inquest hears
- 5 New cafe opens at one of Suffolk's most historic homes
- 6 Downes starts, Bishop absent and Chirewa scores in U23s win
- 7 ‘Cruel and unseen enemy’: 57 care home deaths recorded in single Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Tripadvisor names three Norfolk and Suffolk restaurants among best in UK
- 9 Decorator was 'trying to catch paedophiles' by sharing child rape videos
- 10 14 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
“One of the most fulfilling aspects of WoW is seeing the joy on the faces of the women and girls taking part, often rediscovering the pleasure of being on a bike, and this is reflected in many of the testimonials we received at last year’s event.”
George Chilvers, St Nicholas Hospice Care community fundraiser, said: “We are very grateful to be having WoW Sudbury in aid of the hospice again especially after the amazing amount raised last year of over £6000, as we rely so heavily on the local community to help us enable people to have the very best experience in the final chapters of their lives.
“As the palliative care provider for Sudbury, it’s so important for us to get support from the town and surrounding areas – this event is doing just that. “Please sign up and together we really can help.”
To register for the event, visit stnicholashospice.org.uk/news-community/events-listing/women-on-wheels-sudbury/