‘We will be back’– Porsche 911 fundraisers praise ‘brilliant’ turnout at Suffolk RNLI station
- Credit: RNLI
Suffolk rescuers welcomed an adventurous couple on their fundraising tour around every RNLI lifeboat station in the UK.
Belinda and James Richardson set off last week in their Porsche 911 on a coastal tour to raise more than £50,000 for the lifesaving charity.
The London couple, who describe themselves as “fervent supporters” of the RNLI with a “passion” for Porsches, aim to complete the challenge within 911 hours.
During their visit to Aldeburgh RNLI’s lifeboat station, the couple were ordered to try their hand at a new challenge.
In a social media post, the couple said: “Brilliant turn out Aldeburgh and boy did you put us through our paces having hit us to do our four minutes of exercise in your rowing machine.
You may also want to watch:
“Brilliant and the perfect tonic for having been sat in the car for so long. We will be back.”
The couple set off from Teddington lifeboat station on Thursday and will finish the challenge at Tower lifeboat station in London.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Visit www.rnli-911challenge.co.uk for more information and to donate.